Musa Dudhia & Co. has extensive experience in advising on large scale mining projects, asset acquisitions, take overs, divestitures, and other corporate transactions.
The firm advises on obtaining investment licences, applicable investment incentives and other requirements for operating in Multi-Facility Economic Zones (MFEZs).
The firm’s lawyers are well versed on the developing legal and regulatory framework governing investment, licensing, tax, and employment issues in Zambia’s mining sector, and assists clients in structuring investments and mitigating risks.
Representative transactions include:
- Acting as local counsel to Northcore in the acquisition of Zambian mining licenses and providing comprehensive advice on local share ownership requirements, licensing, tax and other considerations
- Conducting due diligence and advising on the acquisition of Metorex Limited by Jinchuan Group
- Acting as local counsel in the acquisition of Zambian mining licenses by a company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Acting for a Canadian mining company in the disposal of interests in a copper mine and defending the company in litigation with a local partner
- Acting as local counsel on USD450 million acquisition by a global mining conglomerate with interests in Zambia
Representing a South African listed company in the acquisition of surface rights for mining activities in the copper belt
- Acting as lead counsel in the acquisition of a majority stake in a marble mine in Zambia; obtaining required consents from the Ministry of Mines; establishing a debt repayment schedule as part of the purchase price; and negotiating agreements for the management’s ‘sweat equity’
For more information on Musa Dudhia & Co.’s energy, natural and renewable resources expertise, please contact email@example.com