Musa Dudhia assists multinational corporations, entrepreneurs, small and medium-enterprises (SMEs), investors and established businesses in complying with the legal requirements involved in setting up new operations.
The team also advises foreign investors on the regulatory framework and tax, employment, and licensing incentives available for investors under the Zambia Development Agency Act.
Musa Dudhia acts as local and lead counsel for global, regional and domestic clients. Representative transactions include:
- Acting as lead counsel to MRI Seed Zambia in a transaction involving the multi-million dollar purchase of 100% shares in MRI Seed Zambia by Syngenta, the world’s largest manufacturer of crop chemicals.
- Assisting Tech Mahindra in setting up operations in Zambia and advising on matters including employment arrangements and outsourcing contracts.
- Acting as local counsel in the management buyout of a telecom financial services provider with operations in Zambia, Congo and West Africa. The transaction included advising on a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for the acquisition and obtaining clearance from the Zambia Competition Commission.
- Advising on joint venture agreement between Australian and South African companies awarded a multi-million dollar engineering and construction contract for Equinox MineralsUSD483 million Lumwana copper project.
- Advising CIDRZ, Zambia’s largest HIV NGO on its corporate matters in Zambia including indigenisation of its operations in Zambia and restricting of its corporate structure.
- Acting as local counsel for IBM in setting up its operations in Zambia and attending to local registration and employment matters.
For more information on Musa Dudhia & Co.’s corporate and commercial expertise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org