MOSES ADRIKO | MANAGING PARTNER | MMAKS ADVOCATES
Moses is a Partner of the Firm and Co-head of the Firm’s Litigation Team.
His practice focuses mainly on Corporate and Commercial Law, Civil Litigation, Intellectual Property and International Criminal Law.
He is a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England of Wales. He holds a LLB (Hons) degree from the University of East Angalia. He also has a Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre
Moses is a past president of the Uganda Law Society and chaired the African Forum of the International Bar Association (IBA).
Moses has served on the on the IBA Human Rights Institute as a Council Member.
Moses is a member of the Public Appeals and Procurement Authority Tribunal (PPDA Tribunal) and has served as a member of the Transitional Justice Issues Committee, of the Government of Uganda.
Moses serves as a Non-Executive Director of Standard Chartered Bank (U) Limited.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIARB)
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda.
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre, Uganda
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law, Guildford, Surrey, England
- LLB, University of East Anglia, England
2005 – Date – Partner, MMAKS Advocates
2001 – 2005 – Partner, Adriko & Karugaba Advocates, Uganda
1995 – 1991 – Associate, Katera & Kagumire Advocates, Uganda
1995 – 1991 – Trainee Solicitor, Luper Partnership, Camden, England
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Criminal and Civil Litigation.
- Intellectual Property
- Construction Adjudication
APPOINTMENTS AND ACCOLADES
- Moses has been appointed a member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
- Moses has been appointed to the List of Counsel of the International Criminal Court at The Hague.
- Moses has been recognized by The Global Leading Lawyers directory as one of the top ranked dispute resolution specialists in Uganda.
- Acting for Uganda Breweries in a complex tax dispute with Uganda Revenue Authority involving the application of the East African Custom Management Act.
- Acting for Diageo in a suit obtaining order against infringement of the John Walker Black Label brand.
- Acting for Coex Coffee International successfully to resist attachment of Coffee stocks worth $750,000.
- Acting against the Attorney General of Uganda to successfully recover compensation in the sum of USD $2,000,000 on behalf of a client whose property was expropriated.
- Acted as Arbitrator in General Adhoc United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) tribunals on various commercial disputes.
- Acted as Panel Member of the Public Procurement Disposal Assets Appeals Tribunal (PPDAAT) on various complex multi-million dollar disputes involving Public Procurement disputes and appeals from the Procurement Authority.