Real Estate Transactions and Disputes
We have extensive experience acting for both buyers and sellers of property in the UAE.
Being well versed with the nuances of UAE land ownership, tenancy laws and procedural matters, we are able to assist clients as they formalise and complete property transactions in the UAE.
Our advice and assistance includes the following:
- Undertaking title due diligence in connection with property transactions;
- Drafting and negotiating of property sale and purchase agreements;
- Liaising with the regulatory authorities and and effecting the registration of new ownership and title;
- Providing advice on succession and inheritance arrangements in connection with real estate ownership in the UAE;
- Advising on escrow arrangements in connection with property transactions;
- Advising on special land use rights such as ”musataha” registration rights;
- Advising residential landlords and tenants in connection with tenancy arrangements;
- Advising commercial clients on commercial and industrial tenancy arrangements;
- Advising on retail leasing arrangements, including turnover rent arrangements, lease termination and handover arrangements;
- Advising on real estate dispute resolution;
- Advising on structuring of UAE real estate investment funds.
We also advise land owners and investors on development agreements and other real estate development joint venture arrangements. Our expertise in this area extends not only to the UAE but also to cross-border real estate development projects in Africa.