The A&K Tanzania team has considerable experience in residential, commercial projects, hotels, and office towers. Our services include providing legal advice on land sales and acquisitions, real estate due diligence, title search, construction and development, funding/equity arrangements, joint ventures, tax, restructuring, leasing, land use, environmental, regulatory approvals and representation of clients in negotiations with local authorities.
The A&K Tanzania team has acted on various Real Estate and Construction *matters, including:
- Acting for National Housing Corporation Tanzania, in connection with their construction of a mega housing project known as the ‘Morocco Square project’ which is likely to be the largest urban housing project in the East and Central African region.
- Advising Royal Orchid Hotels, a five star hotel, in connection with the acquisition of 39 acres of beachfront property for building a five star hotel and villas.
- Acting as lead counsel for China Road and Bridge Corporation, an international enterprise engaged in the construction of large infrastructure and investment business worldwide, in connection with the acquisition of land for commercial purposes.
- Acting for the International Finance Corporation in connection with its loan to China Railway Jianchang Engineering Co, a prominent Chinese real estate developer, for a 43 story commercial complex with a 5 star hotel.
- Advising China Railway Jianchang Engineering Company Tanzania (CRJE), a member of the China Railway Group Company, in connection with the preparation of a Build, Operate, Transfer agreement with the Registered Trustees of the Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation with respect to the Foundation’s commercial property.
- Acting for Unilever Tea Tanzania, a plantation company operating under Unilever Tea, East Africa, in connection with the acquisition of three farms at Iyegeya Village.
- Advising China Railway Jianchang Engineering (CRJE East Africa), a member of the China Railway Group Company in connection with the acquisition of 20 acres of land from Jitegemee Trading Company for the construction of an industrial business park.
For more information on A&K Tanzania’s Real Estate and Construction practice, please contact Geofrey Dimoso and Sonal Sejpal.
*Matters predate A&K Tanzania