A&K Tanzania brings an integrated and creative approach to the structuring of projects in Tanzania. The firm has unique expertise in handling energy and infrastructure projects and public-private partnership (PPP) initiatives, including advising sponsors, contractors, financiers and the government. Our team has experience in renewable energy, project finance, mining, oil and gas, and infrastructure development, including road, rail, construction and telecommunications.
The A&K Tanzania team has acted on various Projects & Infrastructure *matters, including:
- Advising several suppliers in the mining and oil and gas industry, including Capital Drilling, a London Stock Exchange listed mining-drilling group, Orica, an Australian Securities Exchange listed mining blasting group, SGS, a SIX Swiss exchange listed quality standard and mining support group, and Mantrac, a Caterpillar products dealer, in connection with new local content rules for supply chain to this industry.
- Acting for Mota-Engil, a Portuguese construction giant specialising in highway and street construction and one of the two companies that won the tender for the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) Line from Dar es Salaam to Morogoro project, in connection with their set-up of operations in Tanzania.
- Acting for the Government of Tanzania and the Tanzanian parastatal electricity-provider, TANESCO, in connection with the proposed Ruhudji Hydropower project.
- Developing Procedures and Guidelines for PPPs in Tanzania under the SADC PPP Capacity Building Programme with associate consultants CRISIL Infrastructure Advisory, India.
- Acting for Seacom International in connection with their bid under the Public Private Partnership Act for building the Rhapta City Technology Park project in Tanzania.
- Acting for one of the largest pension funds in Africa in connection with its investment in a 318MW combined cycle gas turbine electricity generation facility in Tanzania.
- Advising Otto Energy, a company that explores, develops, and produces oil and gas primarily in the Philippines and East Africa, in connection with its farm out of 25 percent participating interest in the Kilosa-Kilombero contract area under the relevant production sharing agreement.
- Acting for BG International, a British multinational oil and gas company, in connection with a port lease agreement entered into by various oil and gas exploration entities operating the port in Mtwara from which oil and gas exploration activities were being conducted.
- Acting for Seacom in connection with the East African portion of its development of a USD 650 million, 17,000 kilometre, undersea fibre optic cable stretching from India to France through Mozambique, Madagascar, Kenya and Tanzania.
- Acting for ExxonMobil, the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, in connection with the establishment of operations in Tanzania and on its farm in with StatoilHydro in respect of Off Shore Block 2.
For more information on A&K’s Projects and Infrastructure expertise, please contact Geofrey Dimoso and Amyn Mussa.
*Matters predate A&K Tanzania