A&K Tanzania has a strong capital markets practice in Tanzania, its lawyers having acted for a range of local and international listed companies. Our lawyers provide legal advice on initial public offerings, medium-term note programmes, public listings, cross listings, private placements of listed shares, high-yield bonds, bonus and rights issues, company restructuring and managed separation. Our team also provides advice on regulatory, compliance and corporate governance matters to our clients, including large multinationals, banks, government, investors and local and international companies.
The A&K Tanzania team has acted on various Capital Markets *matters, including:
- Acting for Vivo Energy, a company incorporated in the Netherlands with operations in marketing and distributing petroleum products under the ‘Shell’ brand in 16 African countries, in connection with Vivo Energy’s admission of its shares to the premium listing segment of the Official List of the Financial Conduct Authority of the United Kingdom and admission of the shares to trading on the London Stock Exchange’s main market for listed securities and admission of the shares on a secondary inward listing basis on the Main Board of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
- Acting for Old Mutual Group, a pan-African investment, savings, insurance, and banking group, in connection with its multi-phase international restructuring and managed separation, to split-off its four main business lines into separate entities and publicly list its largest divisions.
- Acting for Airtel Tanzania in connection with the planned listing of its shares on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and the offer for sale to the general public of ordinary shares equaling 25 percent of the Airtel issued capital in line with new Tanzanian local participation.
- Acting for Healthcare Global (Tanzania) Private, the subsidiary of HealthCare Global Enterprises, India’s largest provider of cancer care, in connection with their initial public offer of Healthcare Global Enterprise.
- Acting for Stanbic Bank Tanzania and CfC Stanbic Bank, in connection with their position as the lead arrangers of the Medium Term Note Issue by the Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank (PTA Bank) on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange worth approximately TZS 32.6 billion.
- Advising Barclays Bank Tanzania, in connection with its TZS 30 billion Medium Term Note Programme listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
- Acting for the International Finance Corporation, CDC Group, and Africa Capitalization Fund, the underwriters, in connection with the underwriting of the CRDB Bank Rights Issue worth TZS 152 billion.
- Acting for Jubilee Holding in connection with their cross-listing in the Dar-es-Salaam Stock Exchange.
- Advising National Microfinance Bank in connection with the listing of shares on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
- Advising CRDB Bank in connection with the listing of shares on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
- Acting for the shareholders of CF Union Bank in connection with the sale of its entire issued share capital to a consortium of investors comprised of I&M Bank, Proparco and the Kibo Fund.
For more information on a&k’s capital market expertise, please contact Geofrey Dimoso, Dominic Rebelo and Wangui Kaniaru.
*Matters predate A&K Tanzania