SEGUN OMOREGIE | Partner, G. Elias & Co.
Segun is a Partner with G. Elias & Co. in Lagos, Nigeria. He is a member of the Nigeria Bar Association and holds an LLM from University College London and an LLB from Lagos State University in Nigeria. His practice covers corporate finance, petroleum, mergers and acquisitions as well as foreign investment and corporate taxation.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
2006 Master of Laws (LL.M) University College London
1995 Barrister-at-Law (B.L, Second Class Honours: Upper Division), Nigeria Law School,
1993 Bachelor of Laws (LL. B, Second Class Honours: Upper Division), Nigeria
1995 – Date, Partner, G. Elias & Co.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Oil and Gas
- Assets and Project Finance
- Led the team that advised on the merger of Transcorp Ughelli Power Limited and Ughelli Power Plc (owners of a thermal plant with capacity of over 750MW) — Nigeria’s first formal merger involving an electricity producer.
- Leading the team currently advising Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria in relation to the divestment of its interest in an airline company.
- Leading the team advising Bamboo Financial Inclusion Fund II on the acquisition of and subscription to shares in Fortis Microfinance Bank Plc.
- Leading the team advising Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc on its corporate restructuring for the sale of up to 51% of its equity stake to a strategic investor.
- Led the team that advised Mercuria, global oil traders, on the purchase of crude oil from five other oil traders’ portfolios of receivables for imported petroleum products.
- Advised on the NNPC 2015 US$1.5bn crude forward sale financing.
- Leading the team advising two leading indigenous firms in respect of their investments in the oil and gas industry – Bell Oil and Gas Ltd. and Royal Sanderton Ltd.
- Advised the Bureau of Public Enterprises on developing a payment support package for the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc.
- Advised United Bank for Africa Plc’s on its Series 2 Fixed rate subordinated unsecured bond issuance.
- Advised on the merger of Africa Oilfield Services Ltd. and Orwell Oil and Gas Ltd. to create the largest Nigerian-controlled oilfield service company (USD200mm).