NOSAKHARE AGUEBOR | Associate, G. Elias & Co.
Nosakhare is an Associate with G. Elias & Co. in Lagos, Nigeria. He is a member of the Nigeria Bar Association and holds an LLM in International Trade Law from Stellenbosch University in South Africa (with distinction) and an LLB from Ambrose Alli University in Nigeria. His practice covers banking, capital markets and corporate law.
- 2010 Masters of Law (LL.M, Distinction) Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- 2007 Barrister-at-Law (B.L, Second Class Honours: Upper Division) Nigerian Law School
- 2006 Bachelor of Laws (LL.B, Second Class Honours: Upper Division) Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Nigeria
- 2011 – Date Associate, G. Elias & Co.
- 2011 Graduate Intern, African Export-Import Bank, Cairo, Egypt
- 2009 Associate, Ferd Orbih & Co., Benin City, Nigeria
- 2008 – 2009 Legislative Aide, Ogun State House of Assembly, Abeokuta, Nigeria
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised the lenders on the restructuring of their financing (USD420mm) of the Lekki-Epe toll road project (Nigeria’s pioneer toll road).
- Advised on African Export-Import Bank’s financing of Capcom’s Limited acquisition of Multilinks and Starcomms Plc (two Nigerian telecoms operators).
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank (UK) on its financing of Eland Oil & Gas Plc’s oil acreage.
- Advised on United Bank for Africa Plc’s Series 2 Fixed rate subordinated unsecured bond issuance.
- Advised African Export-Import Bank’s on its US$125million acquisition financing facility for SWAP Technologies and Telecoms Plc (a telecoms infrastructure company).
- Advised First bank of Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s oldest and leading bank, on its US$340mm Strategic Alliance Agreement financing of NPDC’s interests in 4 Oil Mining Leases.
- Advised on the merger of Transcorp Ughelli Power Limited and Ughelli Power Plc (owners of a thermal plant with capacity of over 750MW) — Nigeria’s first formal merger involving an electricity producer.
- Advised United Bank for Africa Plc on its N54bn hybrid rights offering and fixed rate subordinated unsecured bond issuance.
- Advised AMCON on the pioneering sale of Enterprise Bank Ltd. to Heritage Bank.
- Advised Tolaram Foods (owners of the manufacturers of indomie noodles) on the sale of a 50% interest in the business to Kellogg, the USA multinational.
- Advised Transcorp Hotels, Fidson Healthcare Plc, FSDH Merchant Bank, UBA Plc, Sterling Bank, Wema Bank, Dufil Prima Foods, on the establishment of their bond issuance programmes.
- Advising a leading telecommunications company in Nigeria on its proposed initial public offering.
- Carried out government lobbying for the issuance of ministerial orders granting diplomatic immunities and privileges in Nigeria to African Export-Import Bank and Africa Finance Corporation.
- Advised on Commercial Paper issuances by Dufil Prima Foods Plc, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc and 3 leading Nigerian banks (Stanbic IBTC Bank, Skye Bank and Sterling Bank) (cumulatively over N400bn).
- Advised on public sector bonds issuances: Cross River State (N30bn), Zamfara State (N30bn) and Ebonyi State (N9.34bn).