FIDELIS ADEWOLE | Partner, G. Elias & Co.
Fidelis is a Partner with G. Elias & Co. in Lagos, Nigeria. He is a member of the Nigeria Bar Association and holds an LLB from Ambrose Alli University in Nigeria. His practice covers litigation and taxation.
- 2005 Barrister-at-Law (B.L, Second Class Honours: Upper Division), Nigerian Law School
- 2004 Bachelor of Laws (LL. B, Second Class Honours: Upper Division), Ambrose Alli University, Nigeria
- 2016 – Date, Partner, G. Elias & Co.
- 2014 – 2016, Senior Associate, G. Elias & Co.
- 2006 – 2014, Associate, G. Elias & Co.
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Chartered Institutes of Arbitrators, UK
- London Court of International Arbitration
- Lagos Court of Arbitration
- Chartered Institute of Taxation, Nigeria
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Led the team that advised Free Range Farms Plc on the sale of its assets to Kuker Farms and Processing Limited and is currently advising on the winding up process of Free Range Farms after the sale of its operating assets.
- Led the team that advised advised Kelloggs’ Tolaram Nigeria Limited, a leading company involved in production and distribution of fast moving consumer goods in Nigeria, on its NGN6bn term loan financing.
- Advising Mobile Decisioning Africa, in the prosecution and defence of six laws suits involving the patentability or otherwise in Nigeria of airtime advance credit service technology.
- Advising Africa Capital Alliance on a mixed-use residential, retail and recreation center development in the Lekki Peninsula area of Lagos State. The development will include over 600 residential units, retail mall outlets, recreation and health club and fitness facilities.
- Advising and representing Skye Bank Plc in disputes involving a series of excessive withholding tax demands by several States’ Boards of Internal Revenue.
- Advising a tobacco company on several product liability suits in which a total of about USD35bn is being claimed.
- Advising the Lagos State Government on the proposed rehabilitation and redevelopment of the old, “downtown” 2km2 Lagos Island Central Business District.
- Advising on the sale and transfer of production assets of Dangote Noodles to Dufil Prima Foods Plc.
- Advised Union Capital Market Limited on its bid to acquire AMCON’s stake in Keystone Bank.
- Advised on the dissolution of two Lagos Free Trade Zone enterprises owned by Multipro Enterprise Limited.
- Advising Sunrise Power and Transmission Company on a long-running dispute against the Federal Government over the award of the 6,000MW Mambilla hydroelectric power project.
- Advised Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc on its corporate restructuring for the proposed sale of up to 51% of its equity stake to a strategic investor.
- Advised AMCON in its N3 trillion bond issuance (the largest ever bond issuance in Nigeria).
- Advised on the tax implications of Ecobank Transnational Incorporated’s acquisition of and subsequent merger with Oceanic Bank International Plc.
- Represented Lutin on its charter party arbitral dispute with NNPC (the biggest arbitration award in Nigeria to date).
- Advised the Lagos State Government on options for the corporate re-organization and commercialization of its main property holding entity, the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (“LSDPC”), and conducted extensive “due diligence” enquiries on its landed properties that comprise 193 investment properties and some 95 title documents.