G. Elias & Co. practices in several sub-sectors of the trade and industry sector: food and beverages; healthcare and hygiene; and a variety of fast-moving and durable consumer goods. We work frequently with Federal and States-level regulators of these sub- sectors on the registration of products, labels, manufacturers and distributors, changes to such registration, and on advisory matters. We have advised both lenders and borrowers in the sub-sectors on acquisition, project and working capital bank financings.
Some of our key transactional experiences are as follows:
- We advised Multipro on its spin-off and divestment of its haulage and sales and distribution business to Kellogg Company (the world’s largest cereal maker), the largest cereal producer in the world.
- We advised on the merger of Multipro (manufacturers of indomie noodles), Hypo and BHN (a manufacturer of detergents and a haulage company respectively).
- We advised on the de-merger of Free Range Farms from Food Concepts Plc (a fast food retail chain).
- We advise and represent Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited on product liability, tax and compliance issues from time to time.
- We are advising FTN Cocoa Processors Ltd. on its proposed private placement of shares.
- We advised on sundry franchise agreements and trademarks with Nigerian franchisees with “Barcelos”, “Chicken Licken” and “St Elmo’s Pizza” as franchisors.
- We advised Fidson Pharmaceuticals on a N2bn debt offering.
- We advised on a N5bn secured bonds issuance for Dana entities (including Dana Drugs Limited and Dana Pharmaceuticals).
- We advised on the merger of Clinalabs and Immunoassay Ltd.
For more information on G. Elias’ trade and industry expertise, please contact Gbolahan Elias and Fred Onuobia.