Oldivanda Bacar | Partner
Oldivanda Bacar is a Partner at Avillez Bacar Centeio & Cambule (ABCC). She has over 15 years with experience on corporate, mining and natural resources, oil and gas, investment, banking and finance.
Oldivanda has a postgraduate degree on international commercial law, intensive training course on international liquid and gas contracts, including structures, pricing and negotiation and training degree for tax judges.
2010: International Business Law Master Student at Faculty of Law, Eduardo Mondlane University
2010: Postgraduate Studies in Energy Law, Faculty of Law, Eduardo Mondlane University
2007: Training Course for Tax Judges of the 1st Instance Courts, Legal and Judicial Training Centre
2006: Postgraduate Studies in International Trade Law, Faculty of Law, Eduardo Mondlane University
2004: Law Degree, Faculty of Law of the Portuguese Catholic University, Porto
2002: Bachelor in Law, Higher Institute of Science and Technology of Mozambique
- Mozambique Bar Association, 2008
SEPT 2009 – DATE: Legal Consultant and Lawyer in the legal firm ABCC – Sociedade de Advogados, Lda, in Maputo, Mozambique.
JAN 2012 – 2015: Lecturer of Commercial and Tax Law, at Faculty of Law, Universidade São Tomás de Moçambique (USTM).
2006 – 2007: Lecturer of Commercial Law and Tax Law, at Faculty of Law, Universidade Técnica de Moçambique (UDM)
MAR 2005 – SEPT 2009: Multidisciplinary Legal Consultancy and lawyer in the legal firm MGA- Advogados&Consultores, Lda.
2002: Trainee in the legal firm Sal & Consultoria, Lda
Areas of expertise
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate and Commercial
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Foreign Investment
- Acting for IFC and JBIC in connection with the Nacala Project, a USD 3 billion investment that was the biggest infrastructure concession ever in Mozambique.
- Acting for Portucel, in connection with a USD 2.5 billion investment that is the biggest non-oil & gas industrial project in Mozambique.
- Acting for Credit Suisse, Coca-Cola Loan assisting Standard Bank, City Lodge transaction, ABSA Bank Limited, AgDevCo Limited, CenturyLink, Tokyo Marine, ARISE B.V., Mastercard International Incorporated, Zoona, Transactions International Limited, Tetra Laval Group, and Botswana Development Corporation in connection with Project Albacore.
- Acting for Project Thunderbolt in connection with a due diligence regarding the construction and financing of power fired plant project.
- Acting for Apollo in connection with a due diligence in the acquisition of a stake in insurance company registered in Portugal with insurance subsidiaries in Mozambique (Tranquilidade).
- Acting for Entreposto in connection with a bid for the acquisition of stake in the automobile company, including conducting due diligence.
- Acting for Efacec project in connection with the construction of infrastructure, including conducting due diligence.
- Acting as legal advisor in connection with the acquisition of 67 percent stake by Vale in Sociedade de Desenvolvimento do Corredor de Nacala S.A.R.L (SDN), held by NCI, Edlow Resources (ERL) and Rail Road Development Corporation (RDC).
- Acting for Fund of Investment and Supply of Water (FIPAG) in connection with their legal advice.
- Acting for Ministry of Tourism (Mitur) in connection with drafting several regulations in Tourism Law.
- Acting with several global companies active in Mozambique, including Unilever, Standard Chartered Bank, Diageo, GardaWorld, and many international law firms. These include Linklaters, White & Case, Hunton & Williams, Allen & Overy, Malesons, Hogan Lovells, Stephenson Harwood, Anjarwalla & Khanna among others.