Fayaz Hajee Abdoula | Partner | BLC Robert
Fayaz Hajee Abdoula is a Partner at BLC Robert. He joined BLC Robert as a pupil in 2009 and was called to the Mauritius Bar in January 2010. Over the last 10 years, Fayaz has developed a corporate and commercial practice being involved on a number of sizeable M&A transactions, joint ventures involving amongst others private equity firms, regulated entities, listed companies, hotels and multinationals. Fayaz is reputed to provide sound commercially viable advice.
He also is the lead employment lawyer in the firm advising on several high profile employment matters. Fayaz is a regular contributor of published articles on corporate and commercial matters. He is also a member of the Alternative Tax Dispute Resolution Panel, an independent panel set up the by the Mauritius Revenue Authority with the aim of finding a mutual agreement in respect of large tax disputes. Furthermore, as part of his social responsibility engagement, he is the President of OpenMind, a non-governmental organisation focusing on the plight of people suffering from psychological disorders.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Mauritius Bar Association
- Society of Lincoln Inns
2008: Bar Vocational Course, City Law School, London, UK
2007: LL.B (Hons.) – University of Manchester, UK
2009 TO DATE: Partner, BLC Robert
Areas of Expertise
- Mergers and Acquistions
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Employment Law
- Tax Law
- Acting for Metro CAF, who has been awarded the contract for the construction and maintenance of the Light Rail Vehicles, in connection with the project in Mauritius.
- Advising Building & Civil Engineering, one of the leading construction company in Mauritius in connection with the amalgamation with COGIR.
- Advising Deutsche Bank in connection with its exit from Mauritius.
- Advising RIU Hotel and Resort Group and Outriggers Hotel and Resorts, renowned names in the hotel industry, since its implementation in Mauritius.
- Advising Deutsche Bank, global transaction banking division, in connection with the sale of its corporate services business to Vistra Group.
- Advising Dentressangle Initiatives in connection with the acquisition of shares in Sun Resorts, a chain of hotels in Mauritius and listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius.
- Advising various Mauritian companies in connection with employment law matters.
- Advising a wholly owned subsidiary of MCB Group, which owns the biggest bank in Mauritius, in connection with the acquisition of the entire shareholding of Club Med S.A.S, representing 84.43% of the shares in COVIFRA, a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius.
- Advising Baring Private Equity Asia, one of the largest and most established independent private equity firms in Asia, in connection with the acquisition of three Mauritius-based management companies.
- Advising Vistra Group, one of the world’s leading providers of company formations, trust, corporate and fund administration services, in connection with regulatory compliance and contractual matters.
- Advising the Government of Mauritius in connection with the Ring Road Project.
- Advising Bauer, which was been appointed by the Government of Mauritius for the construction of Bagatelle Dam, in connection with employment law issues.
- Advising General Electric.
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank.
- Advising various sophisticated and expert investors in connection with the acquisition of shares in global business companies incorporated in Mauritius.
- Advising one the of the world’s largest paper companies in connection with corporate law matters.