Savjani & Co. assists entrepreneurs, multinational companies, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), investors and established businesses in complying with legal requirements involved in doing business in Malawi.
The firm helps clients register companies, business names and trademarks. The team also assists clients in applying for licenses, work permits, and other required documents and obtaining tax identification numbers.
The firm provides focused, pragmatic and commercially sound advice on matters including:
- Advising Business Partners International in the setting up of a lending institution in Malawi.
legal and strategic considerations in negotiating and drafting agreements including joint venture, distribution and licensing agreements.
- Regulatory requirements for investments in different sectors of the economy including agriculture, mining, telecommunications, banking and other regulated sectors.
- Advising on all aspects of corporate M&A activity including negotiating and drafting asset sale agreements, share purchase agreements, takeover agreements and other related types of agreements.
- Obtaining government consents and approvals for mergers, acquisitions, and takeovers.
changes in law, including import and export requirements, employment laws and regulations, tax considerations, and environmental obligations.
- Requirements for registering intellectual property rights including trademarks, copyrights and patents.
For more information on Savjani & Co.’s corporate and commercial expertise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org