Luisa Cetina | Director | Anjarwalla & Khanna
Luisa Cetina is a Director at A&K where she supports the Dispute Resolution and Forensics & Investigations teams, with a focus on complex investigations, international arbitration, antitrust and white-collar crime. Prior to joining A&K, Luisa spent almost a decade as a corporate litigator at White & Case in New York where she represented clients in multi-jurisdictional civil and criminal antitrust matters, complex business disputes and international arbitration proceedings. In 2020, Legal 500 recommended Luisa as “an experienced international litigator.”
Luisa previously also acted as the Head of Business Development, Marketing & Communications for the A&K Group and ALN, where she was responsible for directing the business development and marketing activities of A&K, its affiliated offices in Tanzania and the UAE, and ALN.
Luisa is admitted to the New York State Bar as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. She earned BCL and LLB law degrees, as well as a Bachelor of Arts degree, from McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
Membership in Professional Societies
- New York State Bar
- S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
2006: BCL and LLB, Faculty of Law, McGill University, Montreal Canada
2002: Bachelor of Arts, McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
JAN 2020 – TO DATE: Director, Dispute Resolution and Forensics & Investigations, A&K
MAY 2019 – DEC 2019: Of Counsel, Dispute Resolution and Forensics & Investigations, A&K
MAR 2015 – APR 2019: Head of Business Development, Marketing & Communications, A&K and ALN
SEP 2006 – 2015: Senior Associate, Litigation, White & Case
Areas of Expertise
- Forensics, Investigations and Compliance
- Dispute Resolution
Awards and Accolades
- Luisa has been recommended by Legal 500 2020 in the dispute resolution category and recognised as ‘an experienced international litigator’.
- Acting for a global security company in connection with a post-acquisition dispute before a tribunal appointed by the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) in relation to completion accounts and breach of warranties, and in expert determination proceedings in relation to an earn-out dispute.
- Acting for the selling shareholders in connection with a dispute with a multinational listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in connection with warranty and indemnity claims.
- Acting for a Singaporean entity in connection with an investigation into allegations of bribery, corruption and fraud, as well as related employment claims.
- Acting for a UK-based multinational with operations in several African countries in connection with several civil disputes.
- Acting for an Nation State in connection with an investigation into potentially fraudulent claims against the State.
- Representing a senior executive of a multinational in negotiations with the World Bank Group’s Integrity Vice Presidency in relation to an internal investigation into a company operating in the infrastructure sector.
- Acting for a leading independent power producer in connection with local regulatory requirements under the Kenyan Bribery Act.
- Acting for several global NGOs in connection with internal investigations, compliance matters, reporting requirements, and employment claims.