Last updated: May 2018
Collection of Information
- We may collect information online that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information“).
- The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected may include your business contact details, job title or position and, particularly if you are a client or potential client or employed or engaged by one, your expertise and interests. Where relevant, we may collect other information – for example, your membership of professional associations or boards or, in rare cases, financial information. We may collect other personal information in the course of providing legal services to you or your employer, or to someone else based on subsequent interactions with you.
- We collect Personally Identifiable Information when we are or propose to be dealing with, or providing or marketing our services to you, a client, or someone employing or engaging you. Generally, we will tell you why we are collecting personal information and how we plan to use it, or these things will be obvious when we collect the information.
- If you apply for a job with us we may collect certain information from you such as your name and contact details, information about your working history and relevant records checks, from any recruitment consultant and from your previous employers, universities and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist us in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment.
- We generally only collect Personal Identifiable Information from this website when it is provided voluntarily by you – for example, when you fill in a form on the careers section or subscribe to our publications or register to attend a seminar.
- When you visit our website our server will record your IP address together with the date, time and duration of your visit. An IP address is an assigned number, similar to a telephone number, which allows your computer to communicate over the Internet. It enables us to identify which organisations have visited this website. We use this information to compile statistical data on the use of our website to track how users navigate through our site in order to enable us to evaluate and improve our site.
Use of information
- Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, programme registrations, and customer service messages;
- respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information;
- deliver and process surveys;
- personalise and improve the usability of this site;
- fulfil and/or deliver our products and services;
- publish registration lists;
- tailor content, advertising and marketing to you;
- if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary (including sharing with third parties as required by law or to protect us as described below); and
- when fulfilling service requests initiated by you, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties to fulfil the requests. We may also share such information with service providers that perform business functions for us.
Sharing your information
- We may on occasion be required to share your information with ALN members, offices and affiliates and any associated firms in Africa and any third parties who provide services on our behalf. In relation to any other third parties we will disclose your information where you have given your consent or where we are required to do so by law, or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
- We may however share e-mail addresses with third parties as necessary for them to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
- We implement commercially reasonable security measures to help protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services.
- You can manage e-mail preferences, including opting out of e-mail by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You have a right to access most personal information we hold about you and to seek its correction. Please contact us to ask for access to your information, or if you have a complaint concerning your information privacy. You also have the right to have any inaccurate information about you corrected. You may ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is no longer up to date by contacting us on the details below.
5th floor, The Oval, Junction of Ring Road
Parklands & Jalaram Road Westlands,