Salimatou Diallo | Partner
Salimatou Diallo is a member of the Conakry, Paris and New York Bars.
Having graduated from the University of Paris I - Pantheon Sorbonne and the American University of Washington DC with an LL.M, Salimatou began her career in the Paris offices of major UK and international law firm Hogan Lovells and later Herbert Smith Freehills, where she was promoted to Of Counsel.
After 10 years' experience working on African projects, particularly in the field of cross-border transactions across all sectors, contract negotiation and structuring partnerships with African government bodies, Salimatou decided to establish her own independent law practice in Conakry.
In just three years of operation, Salimatou Diallo has been recognised by various leading directories. In the IFLR1000 2014 Edition, she was recognised as a “Rising Star Lawyer” as well as in the category “Leaders in their fields” in 2015. Chambers Global ranked her as a Band 1 lawyer in the 2015 and 2016 rankings for Guinea, recognizing her as the “preferred choice for Lenders”. In the 2017 Edition of Chambers Global, Salimatou Diallo was ranked as a Band 1 lawyer in the General Business Law field, with the firm SD Avocats being ranked as a Band 2 firm in Guinea.
2002: JD equivalent in International law, University of Paris I, Pantheon Sorbonne
2003 : Master in International Economic Law, University of Paris I, Pantheon Sorbonne
2004: Master of Laws (LLM), American University of Washington DC
- Member of the Conakry Bar
- Member of the Paris Bar
- Member of the New York Bar
2013 – DATE: Partner, SD Avocats (Conakry, Republic of Guinea)
2006 – 2013: Of Counsel, Herbert Smith Freehills (Paris, France)
2005 – 2006: Associate, Lovells (Paris, France)
Areas of expertise
- Project Development
- Project Finance
- General Corporate & Commercial
- Foreign Investments
- Acting for Guinea Alumina Corporation SA, the Guinean subsidiary of a joint-venture between Mubadala and Dubal, on the development and project financing of the Sangaredi bauxite/alumina project in Guinea in the Republic of Guinea.
- Acting for Pala Investments Limited on the USD 10 million financing of the exploitation of a bauxite mine in Guinea (mining and corporate due diligence of the project and drafting of Guinean security documents including the first pledge over an exploitation permit under the new Guinean Mining Code, issuing a legal opinion on the validity and enforceability of the financing documents (foreign and Guinean law).
- Acting for African Export-Import Bank (Afrexim) on several industrial and real estate project financing in Guinea (reviewing and commenting on the facility agreement governed by French law, Guinean law security interests’ documents, follow-up and checking of conditions precedent to the financing relating to the Guinean borrower and issuing a legal opinion on the validity and enforceability of Guinean law financing documents.
- Acting for Endeavor Energy on the development of a HFO thermal plant power project in Guinea, including the identification of local permits and authorisations, assessing the bankability of the project, shareholders’ agreement, reviewing and commenting on the EPCM contract, and generally advising the company in the context of the project financing.