Atkilit Bekele | Associate
Atkilit is an associate at MTA. She advises on services on corporate matters, competition law, merger and acquisition, natural resources law and intellectual property.
2015: Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Addis Ababa University
2017- DATE: Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
2017: Secondee Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenaya
2015 – 2017: Junior Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
Areas of expertise
- Commercial and Corporate
- Acting for BASF in relation to the acquisition of Bayer’s business and assets in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Zoscales Partners in relation to its investment in CGF Crown Cork PLC.
- Acting for Surya Capitals in its acquisition of a local flower farm.
- Acting for Veris Investment in relation to different merger and acquisition transactions.
- Acting for Petroleum Group for China-Africa Fund for Industrial Cooperation in connection with carrying out a legal due diligence report on POLY-GCL and advising on Ethiopian oil and natural gas sector.
- Providing a legal due diligence report addressing Ethiopian competition law, environmental law and intellectual property law relevant to the Scaling Solar Program in Ethiopia developed by IFC as part of the World Bank Group.
- Providing a legal due diligence report addressing Ethiopian corporate governance law, environmental law and corporate social responsibility, and insurance law relevant to the development of transmission lines, substations projects and distribution system in Ethiopia. Further, drafting the project companie’s Articles and memornadum of association, and revewing the shareholders’s agrement.
- Acting for Corbetti Geothermal in connection with providing a legal opinion in relation to corporate governance structure.
- Acting for AB InBev in connection with its proposed acquisition of SAB Miller’s shares in Ambo Mineral Water.
- Conducting legal due diligence for a foreign investor on its proposed acquisition of shares in Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Enterprise.
- Acting for Consta Joint Venture in connection with the ongoing litigation between Consta Joint Venture and Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
- Acting for Abraaj Group in connection with its proposed acquisition of local companies, including conducting a legal due diligence report.
- Facilitating the establishment of a number of local and foreign companies, including assisting with the renewals of registration and licensing certificates for WILMAR International, Global GMP Malting Services, SITA, and IFFCO; drafting by laws of the companies; and handling the registration of the
- Providing trademark registration for a number of international companies.
- Conducting a legal survey on Ethiopian mining law for Simmons & Simmons.
- Completing a number of questionnaires on Ethiopian investment sector for World Bank, LexisNexis, Clyde& Co, and AVCA.