Keneni Ensermu | Associate
Keneni is an Associate at Mesfin Tafesse & Associates (MTA). Prior to joining MTA Keneni had a 9 years experience in litigation and employment matters when working as an Assistant Judge and Judge at the Addis Ababa City Court and Federal First Instance Court, and an Attorney. At MTA, she is higly involved in court cases and provids legal advice on labor andemployment matters. She greatly contributes by reviewing and drafting employment contracts, human resource policies, company documents and legal due diligence reports.
2012 -2014: M.A in Gender Studies from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
2003 -2008: LLB from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- A member of Women’s Law Network
JUN 2017 – DATE: Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates , Addis Ababa
SEP 2016 – JUN 2017: Attorney, Kumelachew Dagne Chekol Law Office, Addis Ababa
OCT 2013 – JUN 2016: Judge, Federal First Instance Court, Addis Ababa
JUL 2009 – OCT 2013: Judge, Addis Ababa City Court, Addis Ababa
NOV 2008 – JUL 2009: Assisstant judge, Addis Ababa City Court, Addis Ababa
Areas of expertise
- Labor and Employment Law
- Civil Society Organizations Law
- Acting for Wilmar Europe Holding one of the country’s highest lawsuits between Wilmar and a local partner.
- Assissting and researching on a court case involving one of Schultz’s Global Ethiopia investments, a global private equity fund.
- Acting for Eagle Hills, Schultz Global Ethiopia investments, Boortmalt Ethiopia, Millenium DPI Partners, ACCA, Tetra Tech ES, YMG Gold Mining, Tetra-Tech, Millinium DPI Partners, Ohio State University Global One Health Initiative by reviewing employment contracts and/or a number of internal policies.
- Providing advice and legal opinion to Creative Associates International, Marie Stopes Ethiopia, JETRO, Ramada Addis Hotel, Gulf Extrusions, PricewaterhouseCoopers on employment matters, FMO (Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V.) related with guarantee and loan contracts. Supported Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (UAE) and MERCER in producing labour law guidelines.
- Acting forToray International in connection with conducting a Legal Due Diligence.