Valérie Veaux Muller | Partner
Valérie started her career in Paris in corporate law firms, PDGB and Franklin. She was also Head of Social Affairs in the French subsidiary of the American company, Clear Channel.
Valérie advises clients on employment and social security law in France and in Algeria. In 2009, Valerie formed her own practice assisting clients on all advisory and litigation aspects of employment law, before founding Bourabiat Associés.
- 2007: Masters in International Employment and Human Resources Management – London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Member of the Legal and Businesswomen for Africa (LABFA)
- September 2012 To date : Founding Partner, Bourabiat Associés
- 2009 to 2012: Own practice, Valérie Veaux-Muller
- 2009 (8 months): Associate, FRANKLIN
- 2008 to 2009: Head of Social Affairs, Clear Channel
- 2003 to 2006: Associate, PDGB
Areas of expertise
- Social Security
- Acting for Emerging Capital Partners (ECP), a private equity fund focusing on emerging markets, on the acquisition of a 33% stake in Atlas Bottling Corporation (ABC), the exclusive PepsiCo bottler in Algeria, as part of an $80m investment plan.
- Acting for Danone, a major French international consumer goods company, in relation to the acquisition of one of its main competitors on the Algerian dairy product market. Acting for a telecommunications company in joint-venture with the Algerian State on the implementation of a voluntary departure plan.
- Advising a major US technology company on various labour law issues.
- Advising a US pharmaceutical company on the implementation of a voluntary departure plan.
- Employment due diligence in relation to several acquisitions of prominent Algerian companies under the “51/49” regime by major international companies and private equity firms.